Friday, June 18, 2010

Feathery Friends

I think the fashion community is seriously lacking in feather jewelry. I can see little bits and pieces of feather jewelry coming up every now and then when I go out to shop. But i never see anything that I would wear. The things I'm seeing aren't extravagant enough! They're too boring, and too small!
So I decided to draw my own designs for feather jewelry and look around for some other feathery things that catch my eye.














I really enjoy feather jewelry. It reminds me of when I was younger my neighbor, me, and her mother used to go to antique stores that were all outside shops and they were run by real Indians. Each outside store had tons of feathery jewelry and other things that the Indians made.
We also would go antique shopping downtown www.cherokeeantiquerow.net/ and shop there too. I hope I get to do this again sometime! I'd love to go down there and take pictures and find neat little things.