Monday, April 11, 2011

Los 100 Clasicos de la Moda

So I found this book at the library last week at its all in french, but I spoke with my mother and showed her the book and she could somewhat understand it, she said Spanish and French are a little similar and she speaks fluent Spanish so here we go! This book has some awesome illustrations in it by Ruben Toledo and from what I could decipher, this book is all about classic and timeless pieces! So obviously I couldn't resist taking it home to check it out!

The Chanel No. 5 perfume is a classic and known all around the world!
There's a quote in the book from Coco Chanel in french..."Una mujer que no usa perfume no tiene futuro."



 Rick Owen leather jacket. A classic and I don't just mean any Rick Owen leather jacket, I think all black leather jackets are timeless.

The Burberry trench coat! The trench coat has been around for a while! You can see Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, and Catherine Deneuve wearing them in their movies such as Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffanys, and The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.  



      Last, but never least, shoes! Classic brands like Manolo Blahnik and timeless styles like the Mary Jane.

Very good book if I do say so myself and have a great Monday everybody!
-Katie