Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Haider Ackermann Shoes

While making a previous post of mine and searching on Barneys.com I fell in love with Haider Ackermann's shoes! I love the lace detail he puts on his boots, reminds me of something I drew up a while ago thanks to a Proenza Schouler influence. 



Upon further investigation I found out that this boot actually turns into a thigh high boot. You can unzip the lace part and it unfolds or does some magic trick and becomes a thigh high! Although I prefer these boots in a short style I wouldn't mind switching them up from time to time.

These are my favorite pair by him by far. Although I love heels quite a bit I can't help but go towards a nice combat boot type of shoe, and with this lace detail I really can't help but fall in love with these! Thats why they made it into my FW '11 'Shoe Picks' :)


C'mon, you gotta love that scrunched up leather. Im always, always trying to make my boots do that but then they start to get ruined and I have to wear them like they were made haha, finding boots already scrunched up has been something thats been really hard to find around here, and I don't know why!?





This might just be the tallest thigh high I've seen. Found this one on Barneys website, on sale. Even though still on sale its...still...to expensive. I have enough thigh highs to make me happy though so maybe thats why I didn't add these to the FW '11 Shoe Picks even though they are beautifully unique! My favorite parts the different straps, if memory serves me correctly I think I drew up a boot with multiple straps too! 

Pictures from:
www.Barneys.com
www.Polyvore.com
www.Luisaviaroma.com
www.HaiderAckermann.com